George McCloud

McCloud was waived by the Wizards yesterday. According to this snippet in
the Washington Post, the C's may be interested:

Milwaukee, Boston and Orlando have expressed interest in McCloud, according
to a league source.

The Celts would wait for McCloud to clear waivers, then try to sign him for
the league minimum. Washington is paying his full $2 million-plus salary
this season.

As soon as I heard that the Wizards had traded for McCloud only to cut him,
I figured the Celts would enter the picture. Why? All the ingredients are
there: He'll work for cheap, he doesn't have many options and, most
importantly, he can shoot the three-pointer.

Anyone have any thoughts on this as we wait for the opener to get here?

Mark