Fwd: [Celtics' Stuff -"I left guys on the court a little too long,..."-Globe

	Tammo, here's the quote and the whole article.
	 I'm sorry you and Lance went at it again. That's two days in a row,
my posts  have started an uproar. Well, at least you are talking to him
again. :>)
	I read your take on the below quote, in the response to Lance and I
agree it can be ambiguous, however,  it doesn't appear so cut and dried
to me.
	First, the quote on the  22nd is irrelevant. We all read and
understood O'Brien's message,  that they both would play 40 minutes
against Dallas. It was after the Dallas game that he said:

> ''I will probably make some alterations in the substitution pattern,''
> O'Brien said. ''I left guys on the court a little too long, {and} I
> should have subbed a little quicker to make sure we are always as
> fresh as we can be on the court.''

	If you look at  the word "and," which I bracketed, it could easily be
interpreted to mean that he left the guys on the court too long AND
should have subbed quicker. "Both," being the concept  open to
interpretation. Could he have meant that they played too many minutes
AND were left on the floor, too many, in a row, to be fresh against
Dallas? That's how I read it. That he had some regrets about the Dallas
game minutes and would scale them back against Chicago, but probably I
was holding him to too precise a usage mark, since, as was obvious, he
did not cut back their minutes.

	JB

	Unchain My Heart !

Ps. Egg: Guru means teacher, it's not another affectionate name for
Grandmother!