Re: A Kenny comeback?

Steve,
Kenny will always be linked to Knicks because of his roots. However, I
wouldn't think he would have any desire to go there and die with a loser at
this stage of his career regardless of playing time. I think McCloud could
help a little but I can't see the Cs doing anything to violate their money
plan unless they do it to fill a real hole. I really like what SWill adds but
I have serious fears of Delk at point guard. Remember against NJ, they
pressed Delk, he flipped it over to Twan and even Twan couldn't handle the
pressure of Jason Kidd? That is our Achilles heel and other teams will be
stupid not to expose our weakness. Sure Twan can bring it up against 3s and
4s but what about some of the smaller guys? Bremer may be able to fill some
time here but he is a rookie. I am not sure when his contract is up as a
partial but they seem to really like him and would be difficult to cut.

The thought of Kenny starting and SWill releaving really warms the cockles of
my mind. However, if that did happen, Obie would likely cut down Kedricks
time in favor of favorite son Delk in the two spot. I wouldn't like that...

I also want to note that I am hoping that some of the offensive plays that
the Cs are supposedly holding back on are involving Baker. I rewatched game 4
of the NJ/Cs playoff last night that was on NBA.com's "Greatest Games". NJ
and doubled team Paul and Walker and no one else could do anything other than
an occassional basket from Kenny. We need an alternative offensive option
(not the additional three point shooter) so bad. As soon as the Cs can figure
out how to play inside out (which includes Baker), we can become so much more
dangerous....

DJessen33

DJessen33

<< How about the Knicks as JB just alluded to? Don't they have some money
from
 the McDyess injury exception to bring Kenny "home"?

 As for the C's adding him, it's apparent that Gaston won't allow adding
 anyone until the sale is finalized. And if he were to have a change of
heart,
 my preference right now would be another front court player first or another
 scorer that can also defend. Lee Nailon and Jim Jackson are still out there.
 I think either of them would be more valuable than another small guard with
 the way this team is currently constructed.

 Interesting that you mention Bremer. I can't remember what the cut-off date
 for when his contract goes from a partial guarantee to a full guarantee is,
 do you? >>