Oh Behave, Obie

I don't want or expect Obie to reveal a lot of tricks
against Washington tonight, just to get the pre-season W
and finish .500.

The key thing is for Boston to get out of the gates at 4-
0 (Chicago, @Wiz, @Knicks, @Chicago) ahead of the early
Lakers game on the 7th of November, sans Shaq.

Boston has a lot to work on before they can sweep those
four crap teams, especially with three on the road.

They need to get rebounds from SF and PG...in fact, every
position is underperforming in that regard.

The LA Lakers game is the first in a tight stretch of
seven games against NBA aristocracy (@T-Wolves, host
Jazz, Philly and Dallas, @Bucks but in a B2B game, host
NJ).

If Obie gets his new guys playing to 90% of where the
Celtics were late last season, we might win four of the
seven games.

But 1-6 is eminently possible if we're still giving up
100 points and getting mobbed on the glass.

That's why a 4-0 start is the key. We can also
conceivably sweep the last four games of November. That
might mean a 10-5 start.

I'm not sure Coach Obie can deliver that, but IF we do
get off to that start, I think this team will be off to
the races. The December schedule is "candy from a baby".

Tonight, all we want to see is rebounding, prevent
penetration to the middle, maybe a confidence-boost game
for Vinnie would be nice, and that's about it. Don't
worry about the score. And no blow out situation playing
time for Walker and Pierce, like we've been seeing.

They don't need to be out there nine innings in tonight's
tuneup. I just don't know what's up with that. Obie hates
losing I guess.

The captains need to go 40 a night for 82 games. Just the
thought of that makes me want to pop five Advils.

We badly need to beat the Wiz (and good) a week from now,
on Halloween night. Save the tricks and treats for then.

Show them plenty of Walter McCarty tonight. Give Rueben
WYSIWIG-Willywonka his last extended audition before the
season starts.

Joe H.

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?