Re: 2002-2003 Celtic Record

I don't get it.  I see a team with enough talent to compete most nights with
anyone, for a change, and the "potential" to be better then last year if all
the pieces fall into place, somehow, someway.  Knock on wood.

Did anyone think that with KA, Rogers and Strickland we were going to beat a
Western team in the finals?  There wasn't a chance.

We needed change to have a chance.  It may not work out this year but it
certainly wasn't going to if we stood pat anyway.  We will need more change
as well to win a championship someday.

IMO,

Walker took over this team last year after spending the summer with Jordan.
He will continue to grow and bring more game to the table this year.

Pierce found out he can play at the highest NBA level last year.  He will
continue to grow and bring more game to the table then last year also.

Everybody else needs to find a role, regardless of salary.

Baker, Delk, Sundov, S. Williams, JR, W. and (a playing) Brown can give us
more then VP, Blount, Strickland, Laker fan and Anderson, collectively.
Particularly if the plan was for Walker and Pierce to be the playmakers this
year anyway.

It will take some time for everybody to gel, just like last year when we
added a changing Walker, a new found dominate Pierce, Blount, Strickland,
non-playing Laker fan, non-playing Brown and a to-everybody's-surprise,
surprising KA.

It was like a new team anyway.

Let's give these guys a chance before we drown in despair.

The season hasn't even started yet.

<Jim