Re: Nailon

Cecil wrote:

Lee Nailon was placed on waivers yesterday.  Should we be interested?

--- end ---

We should be, but I doubt we will be. I really think Nailon could be a nice
fit with the C's because he brings a little size to the small forward
position and some scoring without demanding a lot of shots. He's kind of a
garbage player who hangs around the basket, gets offensive rebounds and
finds little open spots for short jumpers. I think he brings a lot more to
the table than Eric Williams, but, of course, Obie thinks Williams is Dr. J.
The truth is, you'd be hard-pressed to find another player in the NBA who
accomplishes as little in as many minutes as Eric. And the myth of his
defensive prowess is so ridiculous at this point. The amazing thing is they
wasted three picks on swingmen in that 2001 draft and none of them have been
able to beat out Eric Williams. It's just as amazing that Vin Baker has been
so bad that Obie hasn't even considered a big lineup with Baker replacing
Williams-and I don't blame him. As mediocre as Williams is, he's better than
our new $12 million man.

Mark