Re: Predictions

----- Original Message -----
From: Lance Jacobson <lancejacob@attbi.com>

> Please don't equate last season's boost to a good basketball deal.  We
paid
> a lot to RENT Rodney for those 28 games, plus playoffs.  I won't argue
that
> the post-season experience for the Celtics wasn't valuable, but it came at
> huge cost.  I'd be happy to have Joe Johnson here right now, and he's only
> going to get better.

My question about OB had nothing to do with whether it was a good trade or
not. I was addressing Dan's comment about OB. Here's his post again:

"I may be on the bandwagon to see OB go soon if things don't go. Like we
have
any input anyway:>) ?But this is an example of Celtic management's inability
to get the job done. Someone must be pulling the strings for OB, no on could
be this incompetent  on his own. Always keep in mind it was only the mid
season trade last season that propelled this team forward. That situation
has dissolved. Yeah this is only pre season but the storm clouds are on the
horizon."

I may be mistaken but it seems as if Dan is saying that OB is an incompetent
and it was the trade which saved the team and made him look good. I was
asking Dan if OB might have had something to do with that trade working out
so well. If so, maybe OB's not an "incompetent." Lance,  you wrote, "I think
OB can coach." I agree. From what I can gather, and I admit I've only been
back for a couple weeks, that makes two, well, ok, three of us, tops.

Paul M.