preseason records and predictions

In the preseason of 2001-2002, the Celtics went 4-4.

winning against:
Charlotte 80-72
Cleveland 96-88
Dallas 98-96
Washington 107-93

losing against:
Milwaukee 107-106 (OT)
Cleveland 110-95
Charlotte 99-88
San Antonio 124-78

So far, this season we are 3-3, with all three losses coming against teams
that made the playoffs last season.  In other words, we played BETTER teams
THIS season, and so far have a preseason record at LEAST as good as last
preseason--when we went to the playoffs.  This time out, we've won the
games we were expected to win, and had losses against tough teams that
played better than the Celtics did.  Preseason has never been kind to the
Good Guys.

BTW, why in the name of Linus and Lucy are people suddenly hot to dump
Coach O'Brien?  When he took over and produced a winning team, people were
ready to have him canonized.  He is exactly what he always said he was--a
coach who has a firm belief in a strong defense leading to a fast break.

You know, like that OTHER Celtics coach--Red Whatshisname?  The one who has
all those rings?

Yes, sometimes I wish Coach O'Brien would formalize his offense more--but I
believe he's right.  The team absolutely NEEDS to play top notch defense to
have any chance of making the playoffs.  The roster, sad to say, is NOT his
decision.  He can only play those players the owner was willing to pay
for.  He did everything but get on his knees and beg to get Rogers to
stay.  It didn't work.  It's time to get over it and move on.

Remember, kids, there's ONE WEEK left to do predictions.  Let's have some
FUN!!!!!

Onward to #17
Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle Website at
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html