Re: Variation on Ray's trade recommendation

I'm not sure I want either player on the Celtics but Sprewell could play PG
in our "system" and brings a toughness that would make any opposing PG think
twice about going in for a layup or taking a charge against him.

Nathan's observation from Cedar Rapids "AW then fed the ball to Baker and
shouted "Go to work!" at Baker" makes me think it may be too early to
trade/give up on Baker unless it was a Godfather type offer.

If the trade brought us a Brad Miller then sure, or if it was a multi team
trade where Sprewell was traded on for some other rebounding as Cecil
suggests perhaps.  I doubt NY would want Baker more then the players we
could get for Sprewell in a trade as they need what we need.  A PG and an
inside presence.

So unless you were going to actually keep Sprewell and build around him I'm
not sure emasculating the Captains by bringing in a bigger dog like Sprewell
would be the best thing to do for this team longterm, unless Sprewell
himself wanted the trade and wanted to play with the Captains, but I don't
see it.  Sprewell wanted to go to Milwaukee or someplace.  Look to work a
trade that team and see if anyone fits.

As for Rose, not by himself.  He doesn't really bring anything to the table,
IMO.  He's not really a bigger dog then Walker and Pierce and can't "earn"
the leadership title from rookie teammates at his last two stops so I don't
see him earning it here from the incumbent all stars.

<Jim

How does any of these potential transactions address our weak rebounding?  I
would think that either Rose or Sprewell would not be thrilled to play 3rd
banana to the captains.

Cecil

Subject: Variation on Ray's trade recommendation

Ray recommended Baker for Sprewell. Not bad, but how about this one:

Boston sends Baker to NY
NY sends Sprewell to Chicago
Chicago sends Rose to Boston

According to RealGM.com, the trade works under the salary cap (trade ID
number
796066).
-David.