Re: Re:stats comparison

There's a flaw in this analysis as well, IMO.  With Shaq missing so many
games and yet the team still makes the playoffs easily, it's fair to say
that the Lakers can miss either of these guys and still win games.  When
Shaq and Pierce are available, they get the minutes and the shots.  We can
also see that they win games when one of their Big Two are out.  Can the
Celts say the same thing?  We don't know, since the captains missed one game
combined last year.

In any case, the comparison is irrelevant when Shaq is compared to Walker.
Tell me a team in the NBA that wouldn't consider dropping the ball down to
Shaq-In-the-Box a no-brainer for two points, compared to a Walker spin move
or 3.  I love what he brings to the team, but we can question Twan's shot
selection, but we'd be crazy to question Shaq's, or the Lakers' desire to go
to him.

He's Dominant, duh.  Twan isn't.  PP and Kobe play a similar game, but the
Lakers look for shots, yet when they need them they go to Shaq for the
world's highest percentage shot.--a dunk with two guys hanging on your 330
lb athlete that gets a foul shot to boot.

After all the numbers are crunched, it boils down to asking whether you'd
rather have Shaq or Twan, not the offenses designed around either.

I'd just as soon count needles in a Kansas haystack as prove the stats on
the Lakers vs. Celts have to do with the types of offenses each team runs.