ESPN.com quote on Allen Iverson

I was checking ESPN--out of curiousity, when I noticed on the lower side of
the Basketball section there was a video clip with the caption "Allen
Iverson shows greater signs of maturity and is ready to shoulder more
responsibility in Philly."

Great.  It takes a week where Laterll Spreewell is SO immature he gets hit
with a quarter million dollar fine and is essentially told to go to his
room without supper to make Iverson look like the poster child for the
kinder, gentler NBA.

"Greater signs of maturity".  The week where Shaquille O'Neal must
certainly have reinjured his toe after jamming those oversize tootsies in
his mouth while discussing Sacramento.

Not exactly a major stretch--all Allen did was to shut up and play
basketball.  For that, he's an improvement.

If it wasn't such a sad, ironic commentary on the behavior of
"professional" basketball players, I'd laugh myself silly.

Will someone PLEASE beam me up???  Scotty?  Chief O'Brien?  Heck, even
T'Pol...eep!

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle Website at
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html