Making Tommy Heinsohn happy

Today's Globe article by Shira Springer quotes Coach O'Brien as saying that
the team "wants to run".  Unfortunately, he is also quoted as saying they
could be a "devastating 3-point shooting team".  Hopefully it'll be
devastating as in "the layup was blocked, so they nailed the three" as
opposed to "they shot a worse percentage of threes than ever before".

I'm nervous that what O'Brien is saying seems to be two completely
different things.  In one paragraph, he's talking about fast breaks and
easy layups.  The next, about using the three.  Same team, same game.

Now I don't mind the three in moderation--when I played, it was against
people MUCH bigger and taller then me, and I made a living out at the
arc--but this team should be able to get inside more often and more
effectively.  We no longer need to rely on the three for so much of our
offense.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, I guess.  I'll be happy if
tonight's game is less foul-plagued than the last game in NY.

Ok, Ok---I'll be happy if we win.  However ugly it may be, a win is a win.  :>)

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle
Please visit the Celtics Beagle Website at
http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html