Re: NBA league Pass round two...

Here's the deal. If you are not in FSNE's target area but subscribe to the
FoxSports package you will be blacked out for NBA games. If you also
subscribe to league pass you will be able to get many of the games on the
FSNE channel but all of them on the league pass channels. I made the mistake
of thinking I could save the money a couple of years ago by skipping League
Pass since I was getting the games on FSNE but as soon as the free previews
were over I was blacked out.Hope this help clarify things.George

  George beat me to it.
  I have both League Pass and DTV's sports package.
  I prefer to watch the FSNE feed of the games but there are times when their
feed is blacked out and I'm forced to watch the opponents feed instead.  In
the five years I've used the satellite for NBA games I've yet to figure out
the rhyme or reason behind the different blackouts.  You would think it would
have something to do with home games vs away games, but that doesn't seem to
be the case.  I've also had a couple cases where the game replay on FSNE is
blacked out.  That's even more confusing.
Why would you need to blackout a replay?

It would certainly be easier for those of us that sometimes have to tape
games if we could rely on the games being on the same satellite channel.
Especially if your going to be away for a few days and need to tape more than
one game.

Anyway, I've only ever had two games I can remember that I didn't get to see
at all.
One was 3 or 4 years ago against Toronto.  I never did get an explanation why
that game was blacked out on FSNE yet not available on League Pass or any of
the Sports channels....and believe me I tried them all.
The other was one of the last games of the 2000-2001 season against New
Jersey, and that game was not televised anywhere.