Accentuating the Positive

I was updating the site just now( http://users.mfi.net/fluteaphrael/celticsbeagle/celtics.html for anyone who might not yet have it committed to memory or bookmarks), and realized that of the (so far) thirty people who have sent in predictions, there are a handful who didn't even make a prediction last year. And of those who DID--every single one increased the win totals by a considerable margin, except for one person who kept the same prediction--a positive one.

It's nice to know despite some--ummm...nervousness--about the point guard position, the outlook is still considerably better than many expected last year.

As far as the notion of Larry joining the team in some capacity, consider this: Had the option been there even a year ago, we would have happily welcomed it because anything HAD to be an improvement. Now, things, however occasionally shaky, have improved to the point where we can debate the finer nuances of such a development.

Sale of the team--Hopefully, these guys are fan enough to realize their job is to fork over sufficient funds to ensure that we can actually afford to pay the players who wanted to play here some more after productive seasons. I'm tired of being a talent scout for the Nets. :>)

Snoopy--happy birthday to the Beloved Beagle...and the round-headed kid.

Snoopy the Celtics Beagle