"Very, very good group of defensive point guards."

Hey list, did you all notice what Obiewon had to say in
the Globe about our three-headed munchkin? He believes
the 02-03 Celts have a "very, very good group of
defensive point guards."  Wow.

That's a big relief to read, after seeing earlier reports
about how Shammond Williams got benched in Seattle
because of his sleepy defense.

Either Nate McMillan will be proven to be a very poor
judge of basketball talent, or Obie (and Peter Vecsey)
have got it wrong in building up fan expectations about
Shamrock Boy. I prefer to be an optimist at this time of
year, but this would surprise me.

Apart from that, Shammy is a one-year rental. If he's
really the "next Vinnie Johnson" like Vescey imagines, he
might not be here for long.

Go Celts

Joe H.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/274/sports/Celtics_Pivot
al_season+.shtml

''I think our point guard situation is going to be a lot
stronger than people think,'' said O'Brien. ''It's the
best group of 3-point-shooting point guards that we have
ever had. Very, very good group of defensive point
guards. People that are all hungry for different reasons.
I don't anticipate this being anything but a strength for
us.''

***
L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?