Re: Larry Brown is Officially Team USA Coach

Joe wrote:

As for Larry Brown's "don't act like you've never done it
before" admonition, while I don't entirely condone
Antoine and Paul's victory celebrations, the reality is
that the Celtics hadn't "done it" (won a first-round
playoff series)in a decade.

Gimmie-a-break, they should be allowed to celebrate. As
tough as it always is to lose, I'm sure Larry Brown will
take that into account eventually.

--- end ---

Joe, all the towel waving, strutting, wriggling, jumping on the scorer's
table and everything else was fine. That was celebrating. What Walker did to
Brown-standing about three feet from him, bending over and staring
obnoxiously into his face-was wrong. That wasn't celebrating, that was
taunting and rubbing it in. It was a lousy thing to do and anyone with any
sense of sportsmanship could see it. I don't buy the "act like you've been
there before" approach. I say celebrate till the cows come home. But
celebrate your win, don't antagonize the other guy for losing. It was
beneath Antoine to behave like that. Now Brown is the coach of the Olympic
team. What goes around comes around. At what point does Antoine become
mature enough to be responsible for his own actions. His game has matured.
He's not a kid anymore. Don't make excuses for him based on maturity. It was
lousy sportsmanship and lousy behavior.

Mark