From: "gene kirkpatrick" <gk_tyler@yahoo.com>
To: <celtics@igtc.com>
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2002 7:21 AM
Subject: our captains

> I read some of the continuing hash and re-hash about Pierce and Walker;
their faults are obvious, but I value them highly.  They're the primary
reason the Celts are doing well over the past two years now, and each year
they show signs of progress.  I won't cite any stats, because their chief
value is their drive to win.  While we're witnessing some fine play from
Battie, Shammond, and occasionally Eric and Tony D., it's the zeal of the
captains to win that makes us formidable.  Sure I would like to see a point
guard in control, sure I would like to see Antoine on the low blocks, sure I
would like to see the captains take less than 50% of the shots, and I don't
necessarily think that winning is the bottom line (winning a championship
is), but the Celts have averted an early season slide and look to be
contenders for the top spot in the East.  That's something when you consider
our short backcourt, Mr. Vin Baker, and our 11 man squad.

> I think we will get better as the captains trust their teammates even
more.  Right now, I'm glad to see it happening more than I expected.  Later,
I expect to see Baker and even Bremer pull their load.  Enjoy the holidays.
Gene