Re: Herald - Baker at 1 percent

--- You wrote:
Oh, I don't know.  Vin showed a nice power layup on one possession in the
last game.  He also ripped down a tough rebound in traffic.  But I am
worried about the way the refs are calling any little ticky-tack thing on
him and the rest of our guys while Paul still gets banged around on every
drive.  On his dunk, he got smacked in the face with no call.  Wasn't any
question about it, but no call.

Does anyone else see it this way?
--- end of quote ---

Hey, Pierce is lucky he didn't get called for an offensive foul for hitting the
defender's forearm with his face :)

Seriously,  Pierce gets the royal treatment compared to Walker, who gets
nothing. I think that's partly why Toine is shooting such a low percentage from
close in - he knows he's going to get hacked but won't get a call, so he's
adjusting for the expected hit(s) and missing easy shots. The refs won't call
anything because they expect him to miss anyway. It's a vicious circle that
might only be broken if Toine graduates from EW's school of drawing fouls. You
know - fake, fake, fake, until the defender gets so mixed up, he just hacks you
so clumsily that the foul could be ignored by only the most egregiously biased
of refs.
I've also noticed that Baker gets called for every little touch. I realize that
the refs hate Toine, but what's up with Baker? Does he also have a reputation
with the refs?
Kestas