Winging it

Miami fans bewail the loss of AS Alonzo Mourning.  New York fans
bewail the loss of AS Antonio McDyess. Minnesota fans bewail the loss
of AS Terrell Brandon.

Boston fans bewail the loss of Kedrick Brown.

FLASHBACK: Remember how after last year's draft our roster became
a bit unbalanced with seven wings?  Count ' em - PP, EW, JJ, WM, KB,
JF, and crippled fodder McLeod.

FAST FORWARD: Our present cast of thousands behind starting wings
Pierce and EWill has been narrowed to McCarty and Delk.  When
McCarty takes the floor, weird waves of undirected energy seem to
erupt. And when Delk is inserted at SG, he automatically qualifies for
 "Ripleybs Believe It or Not " as 50% of the shortest backcourt ever to
represent an NBA team.

So here we sit, pathetically awaiting the swift return of white knight
Kedrick. Here we sit hoping against hope that like Mighty Mouse, this
unproven player will come to save our day... come to vanquish the foe
with a mighty blow.

Is our hope merely a delight that will shatter, a wing-and-a-prayer
that will sting?  For upon his return, will Kedrick just be - well will
he just be the same old Kedrick... the mysterious #11 pick whose game
face still remains unknown to all but Wallace and Papile?

Eggy