Re: Where's Bruno?

Well, if we play good zone defense in our lives, maybe we'll fast break to the promised land.

At 12:01 PM 11/5/02 -0800, bird wrote:

From: snoopy1@xxxxxxx

>Ah, sweet, sweet relief.  But one cannot help wonder where one will get
>one's daily requirement of allusions to French WWII "defenses", quotes
>from Robert Frost, and allegorical references to dogs and cats.  One will
>be bereft, indeed.  One will have to content one's self with references to
>the Boston Celtics, one guesses.  :)

The funny thing is, Bird could be talking about ME--I'm a history buff, and
I did compare the Celtics defense in the first two games to the Maginot
line when talking with someone.  Robert Frost is one of my favorite
poets.  As to dog-type references, well...woof.
Ah, see? Problem solved. If only you lived in Maine, a pure replacement would be unnecessary. But, then again, we can always find out the weather in Maine via the Internet. We need more allegory in our lives, though. I hate it when things are what they are, and not some extended metaphor. :)

Bird