Re: Where's Bruno?

< For that matter, why sign a guy with Sundov's glaring rebounding
deficiencies, then complain that he doesn't rebound? > - pdelevett

Bingo, levett - no need here for a spread sheet and power point
presentation.  Are you starting to feel like Sisyphus attempting to
roll a rock up the mountain only to see it roll back under its own
weight?

I have wondered just how long Chris Wallace could get away
with trading for/drafting/signing

CATS

when we needed

DOGS.

He has neatly side-stepped all past responsibility in fulfilling his
GM duties during the Pitino years.  Knight, Chris Mills, VP for #8,
Moiso, well just ask Pitino about those choices.
    "Me and Leo never went along with none of those."
            -Wallace

And where has Obie been on all this?  Did he really think that
any ill-fitting cat that Wallace dragged home could at the flick of
a 3-pointer, be converted into a needed dog?  Have any of us
heard WORD ONE from Obie that he just might need a distributor,
a rebounder, a banger, a few tough men, a supportive bench?

    "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one
    less traveled by. And that hath made all the difference. "
            - Obie Frost

What a mess. Even if we were to slide each of Wallace's ill-fitting
pieces one position to the left (our centers to power forwards, power
forwards to small forwards, point guards to shooting guards, etc.)
and each were to get a shot at playing his natural position, it would
make little difference.  Because no matter how we fiddle with the
pieces, no way can we come up with a real center, a real PG, or a
real PF from among the Stepford husbands we know to be our roster.
How many years now?  And a frontcourt combo of Battie,
Baker, Walker, as some have suggested, only begs for a revisiting
of the famous Boston molasses flood of1919.

Who can dispute Auerbach when he says we were TOUGHER last year?
But then our BT should not have expected to still kick ass by replacing
toughies VP/ROGERS/STRICKLAND with softies like:

BAKER -  low post artist formerly known as ...

    "Why they makin me pose at the high post stead of featuring
    my good low post moves?   Memorize all those stupid
    defensive O 's and X 's?  Mebbe by April, mebbe never. "

SUNDOV - shooting guard in a leaning tower of Pisa body.

    "Are you telling me NOW you want me to rebundski? Well
    excreshitzski on you, Obie; I don't do rebundskis.
    So hui ne myaso. English translation: Get over it.

SWILL, former 3rd-string tweener

     " Big deal - so I missed a few guys alone under the basket.
    But even fancy dribbling 5 ft. 6 inch clowns once in a
    while sink a three. I got plenty of po and plenty of mo. "

BREMER, 2002 undraftee

     " Who am I; why am I here? "

WOLKO

    "Me, too."

Of course not all our players are confused. AW and PP are well aware
of their roles.  They are to play 40 mpg, be our top glues, top scorers,
top rebounders, top playmakers, top shot blockers, tend to our sick,
bury our dead, and serve as fortresses in Harter's Maginot line. As in
the crushing of Salem witches, layer after layer has been heaped
upon our two Renaissance men causing some to wonder just when,
not if, the weight of it all will come crashing down upon the
parquet floor.  And will our Maginot line, the second time around, prove
to be truly impregnable, impervious to Eastern Division enemy
infiltration?  Or will it just become a mere metaphor for bungling?

I see I started this little tirade about a half hour ago.  It will likely
be my last for a while (ya hear that, Bird; relief is only a few seconds
away) as it has plumb cleaned me out of fresh complaints.  As Oscar
Wilde put it, I apologize for the length of this, but didn't have time to
shorten it.

Eggy