Re: Kidd speaks

From: "James A. Hill" <jahill@leasingservice.com>

If what Kidd says is true then the security people should be canned.  That
is outrageous behavior. How embarrassing to be a Celtics fan sometimes.
Lame. Very lame. There's no reason to make this about Jason Kidd's personal life. And throwing things at people is, at best, cowardly. It's lame when the Detroit fans threw beer at Strick, and it's lame when some Boston fans throw beer on someone associated with the Nets. Frankly, it's a waste of beer, either way. I find getting on the opposing players to be a fun part of the drama of playoff basketball, but this sort of this reminds you how easily it can turn ugly. And, as you say, where's the security?

The only thing I'd want to clarify is exactly what went on around Kidd's wife and kid in the stands. I mean, if the fans are doing it in front of her because they know it's her, that's boorish and un-called for. If they didn't know it was her, I guess it's just boorish. They probably knew it was her, though, as she was probably sitting with other wives and Nets employees or whatever. And that's not even counting the people who apparently said nasty things to her. I mean, ok, she's an adult and in a hostile environment, but Kidd's ...uh... kid is very small. Plus, they're both entitled to watch the game in relative peace. People either need to drink less alcohol or become more respectful to other people, or both.

Bird

P.S. I like disagreeing with Richard Jeffferson, though. Never happier.