Many...

Many thanks for all those articles!  Read every one of them.  And, also
thanks to everyone who had something to say.  Read all of them, too.

Yesterday's incredible win capped off an excellent sports day for me.  The
right Boston team won and the right Boston team lost.

I'm sure most here know that Eric Williams, who is a Celtic, played at
Providence College and is a big Yankee fan.  He should be my favorite
player anywhere as those are my only three sports teams!

I've been a Providence College fan since 1963 (ran in the family.  I have a
scorecard from the 1960 that was my sister's that has John Thompson's
autograph on it when he played for them).  A Yankee fan since 1960.  And a
Celtics fan since 1965 (the first game I ever heard was the 1965 Havlicek
stole the ball game.  I was with my parents where we were staying for the
World's Fair and I turned on the radio with about a minute left in the game.)

I was at the Providence Civic Center in January 1995 when Eric Williams led
a big second half comeback against Syracuse.  Unfortunately, Lawrence
Mouton hit a 3-pointer with 3 second left to win it for Syracuse by a point.

Vinny the Yankee fan in western MA              vnatale@map.com

Larry Bird, in the movie Celtic Pride, delivers the lines  "Fans like you
make me sick:  you love us when we're winning and you hate us when we're
losing.  It's pathetic."