What's up Doc Stern ?

	How can one understand the box score of the Lakers/Kings last
night ? Do my eyes deceive me? First off, that the Lakers lost such a
game at home, stretches credulity, but did you notice the foul shot
discrepancy? The Kings shot; 35 times, the Lakers; 15. What is wrong ?
Have the powers that be decided that a running, gunning, finals, will be
more pleasing than the Lakers/Celtics, with Kobe, Shaq, Pierce and
"Wiggle" Walker?
	I've been watching the NBA for far to long, to consider, that
perhaps, the team committed exactly the number of fouls that were
called. I'm not that naive. If one were actually looking for fouls, I'm
sure there would be several on every possession. Did you see the
shooting foul that Kidd got to take last game, when he made a lay up
over Anderson, with Kenny's hand, maybe resting lightly on Kidd's back?
There's more contact than that, kissing one's sister.
	Was Lance correct, when he said that the league would insist on
getting both series knotted at two games apiece and then letting them
play? That scenario can get tricky at times. Consider the made three,
just after the buzzer, by Stackhouse, in game three of the C's-Pistons
series, or the same shot by Kobe against Boston, late in the season. How
would the game five Celt's/Sixers game have been managed? Every shot the
C's took went in. it was like throwing coins over the side of a boat.
Unless a stupid sea gull flew by, to grab one, you could be pretty sure
they would land in the ocean.
	I wonder what the zebras talk about before a game? They are not the
stupidest people in the world either. They know there are infractions
and fouls on every possession. How do they justify, to each other, the
calls  and non-calls? "Yeah, I know, he got mugged,Tommy, but that
bleep, bleep, Pierce pissed me off."  We all see it.  You argue with the
ref and he calls you next time down. Even  inebriate; Tommy Heinsohn,
wakes up to announce the "make-up" call. They know what three seconds
is, or palming, or traveling. They understand that there are ticky tack
fouls called and serious rumbles, under the basket, that aren't.
	Has the outcome of the games been put under their whims and moods?
That's not likely either. Commissioner Stern has "eyes that see." He can
"follow the bouncing ball." Would he let these underlings control his
product? Not likely. In fact, not ever. There have to be strings
attached, to the marionettes. We've seen Shaq lower his shoulder into a
stationary defender and get the 'basket and one," for years. What
changed that last night, and what's next for this wacky world of the NBA?

	     JB

			Unchain My Heart!

<File attached: iPhotoiPhoto-mailtmp-2.jpg>