> Mark, you just don't understand basketball. He coudn't carry Gary Payton's,
> or
> even Chucky Atkins's jockstrap. His teams always get bounced in the first
> round. The difference from last season is having Kmart and Kittles back.
> Steph
> would've won 70 games for the Nets if they hadn't traded him for that
> bricklaying chump.

I suspect your being sarcastic, but there isn't a more overrated player in
the league right now.. The way the announcers lather the accolades on him is
ridiculous. He is good on the break, and a good rebounder. I also like his
will to win. Thats his
best characteristic.

But the guy doesn't shoot well, he doesn't play defense on his own man, and
doesn't have a good handle. He is terribly overrated. Yes GP is much better.

Sure he had a eleven assists double..but he had 6 bloody turnovers. No one
seems to notice that but me...and the Celtics. Thats why we will wipe the
floor with these chumps. Folks like him because he plays the game the way
people want it to be played. Teamates like him because he is a good passer.
But there is a difference
between being liked and being a winner.

The Celts are ahead of the curve in this respect. They get it. The Celts
brain trusts knows what they are doing..and folks like Byron Scott..well
don't. It reminds me alot of Bill Belchick. OB is coaching the pants of that
guy. George Karl was right to attack him.

The Celts have a strategy...a method to their madness, and people refuse to
believe it works. The nets claim the Celts didn't do anything to make them
shoot 33%. They think they can come here get an easy split of the next two
games.

The writers and commentators all long wish for a return to the good old days.
But..these Celts COULD play with those 80's teams. Thats right...heresay..
but I am saying it. They might play ugly..but they win.

Modern basketball players generally play MUCH better defense then the old
timers.
They know defense better, and run a much more complicated scheme. Back in the
old days they didnt even PLAY transistion defense. Watch some of those old
series...and see what I mean. The 80's Celtic teams were postively unathletic
in
comparison to this one.

Wallace and Papile have put together a team of Scottie Pippen wannabees.
They figured its hard to get a 'big guy" to build around so they took a
different approach.

The Celts have quick guys often with long arms that make life miserable for
other teams. Nearly all of them can shoot the three. They take full advantage
of the zone
rules. I have to hand it to OB. The guy is much smarter then I thought.
Smart.

Everyone thought that guys like Jon Barry would thrive..but its guys like
E.Will
and Battie who do well in the new NBA. While guys like Kobe, Pierce, McGrady
can dominate the NBA.

I believe it when Harter says he is the best at X and O's he has ever seen.
No wonder
Pitino wanted him around.  Its a contest between old school and smart new
ways.
Despite the wishes of the writers I think the Celts are going to hand it to
the Nets.

And I think we can do much better then folks imagine versus the Lakers...
Unfortunately they do have the premiere modern NBA player the Jordan/Pippen
combo..Kobe. Its a shame. He would be perfect for the Celts system.

They should develop Kedrick more. He could defend Kobe better then anyone
on the Celts, IMHO.

Pete