Antoine, the near-great

I was pleased by the Globe's article this morning.  Since my rash response back in November hung the "pathetic" label on our guy, and my general attitude has been that he will drive us to the top or into the ditch, I am pleased to see an article that chronicles what I think has been slowly evolving--the maturing of Antoine.  Only one play bugged me Sunday (he came down with Delk on the wing and forced up a fast break shot over a defender.  We were down 42-40; soon it was 47-40 and we never regained our edge.)  Still, he rebounds erratically, fires away without conscience, but he is helping the team so much more.  I'm pleased.  Consider where we would be without his all-around fire and leadership; consider where we would be by adding one bruiser in the front court.  But that's next year, I hope.

I still pick us in six, as well as the Kings in six.  Both will be tough.  Cheers.  Gene
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience