Re: prediction

> From: Douglas342@AOL.com
>
> In a message dated 5/18/2002 11:52:43 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> gk_tyler@yahoo.com writes:
>
> > Just guessing, of course, but I pick the Celts in six, the Kings in six,
>  and
> > the Kings in six.
>
> I agree about the Celtics, but see the Lakers in six out west.  In the
> finals, though, I see the end of the dream.  Inasmuch as I refuse to
> accept
> the idea of a sweep, I see LA in 5.  Sorry.  Like I said earlier, it would
> hurt a lot less to lose to the Kings in the finals than to the Lakers, but
> there is still no team with an answer to Shaq.

Ah, Doug, you've forgotten the redoubtable Walter McCarty.  Hmmmm.
Someone posted (Tammo?) about how they thought the C's matched up better
against the Fakers rather than Sacto.  I was convinced.  Sacto kills us
with good big men, nice passing, and excellent shooters.  Fakers, of
course, feed off of their center, and when the second banana tries to take
over, most of the time, he can't make his team win by himself.  When the
Fakers spot up to shoot after setting it up wth Shaq, they are deadly.  C'
s are good at defending that, though.

Anyway, I'd rather see the Kings win, but I think the Lakers will, too.
And, unfortunately, the C's are more likely to lose a NBA Finals matchup
than win, but that doesnt; mean the dream is dead, just postponed, delayed
-- mostly because of this "off-season".  Right now, I wish they would play
straight through until October.  So, you're probably right, Doug, but if
the team makes it to the Finals, everything is vindicated, all is well,
life is good, much like Philly last year.  I expect us to keep more people
around than Philly did, though, so maybe they have a better chance of
building on success, instead of repudiating it.

Bird