Matchups

     Hello all,

> "Jason Kidd (NJ) had 23 points, 7 rebounds, 13 assists, and 5 steals."
> (Thanks to Pat Bender)

Well we are going to lose that match up.

At the Point:

Kidd will put up big numbers in our series..
I don't think any of our points can stop his dribble penetration, he doesn't
quite get the Iverson treatment, but he will be treated pretty well. I
certainly don't expect
Kenny to outplay Kidd.

The flip side is that Kidd is entirely underserving of his defensive status.
He plays
the passing lanes well, but there is no chance in hell he can stop Kenny of
the dribble. Kidd gives you alot more at the point postion with his
rebounding and his
ability to start the break, but Kenny will still be Kenny. Iverson is a much
tougher
matchup for Kenny. Edge Jersey

I think we have an overall edge over Jersey.

Center:

 McCullough is big, but he is slow and we can exploit that better then
Charlotte did. That Collins guy is also very slow.  Technically....McCullough
is better then Battie. He has better basketballl sense, and is actually quite
skilled. But Battie is more of a NBA type freak. With his good speed and his
long arms he is a force. Pots is outclassed by any of the other big men on
Jersey though. We best hope he doesn't
play much. Tie..if Battie can hold up. If Blout and Pots see anytime at
all..we
are hurting there.

Off Guard:
Pierce can kill Kittles or Harris he shoots right over them. Jefferson will
defend him best. Pierce is a better clutch guy then Kidd and the key to our
success .
Big edge Celts.

Power Forward:
Walker just murders Van Horn. His eyes light up when Keith has to cover him.
I don't think he liked those trade rumours a while back. Van Horn is more
athletic then he is given credit for, and pretty versatile. But Walker is
much stronger and quicker. He also handles the ball and passes much better.
This is very helpful with the modern
zone defenses. Edge Celts.

Small Forward:
K-Mart is better then our other forward, and can outplay E Will of course,
but I don't think he can do enough on his own to really win the series from
them. Aaron Williams is pretty good and fills in for E Will. Edge Jersey

The Celts should win...anything less and i will be disappointed.
I think Philly is better then the Nets. In a nutshell our 1 and 2 players are
better
then their 1 and 2. I think the NBA wouldn't mind seeing us win either. So we
should
be all set.

Oh and I know Van Horn is a small forward under Jersey scheme..
I was just doing the matchups by how we defend em.

Pete