Re: state of the list

on 5/14/02 10:35 AM, Douglas342@AOL.com at Douglas342@AOL.com wrote:

> Is it only us AOL people, or is everyone getting tons of junk e-mail these
> days?  Seems that there is some new animal called digital coupon that is
> generating about 8 pieces of spam per day on my machine.  I logged on this AM
> and found 13 items in my mail - 3 Celtics and 10 junk.
       *******
   I've used several different E-mail clients. AOL is about the worst for
allowing spam through. Hotmail is not much better. Yahoo is excellent and so
far, in about six months using Verizon, I've not had a single piece of spam.
   My method of segregating my Celtics list mail, is to use an E-mail
application: "Outlook Express" (Eudora works the same way), to pull mail
from my client and segregate, by subject, or message body, or title, etc..
This works great and since I subscribe to two boards, it keeps each separate
from my personal mail as well.
   Unfortunately AOL wont let you pull mail down. Yahoo will, but you have
to pay a few dollars a year for what they call ; "Pop mail forwarding." To
do it free, you might get an address at            "Hotmail" and by sorting
the mail by "Any to recipient" into an igtc folder, all of the other mail
would be spam, in a folder by itself and could be deleted with one stroke.
   I'd love to hear from others on this subject. It was Bill Bird and "Where
have you gone Joe" Hironika, who helped me set this up, when I joined the
board, so I presume there are others who may have developed this strategy
further, or have other viable alternatives.

              JB

                       Unchain My Heart !