Re: I know, I know, but

In a message dated 5/10/2002 11:40:52 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bocelts@usit.net writes:

> Am I reading this right.  We are ahead by 4, with a second or so to go,
> and he FOULS someone shooting a 3 pointer.  Now, some of you will tell
> me, Bentz, I am so surprised after you have called out Way and others
> about being negative, focus on the positive.  And some of you will say,
> well at least he was trying to play defense.  But excuse me, we don't
> make that mistake at the Y.  That is so, ohhhhhhh, well, ummmm, ok,
> maybe I feel better now. But, pluuuuhhhhheeasseeee don't let me read any
> more stories of Kenny bragging about his court savvy and experience.  He
> almost gave away the series. Thank God the refs made the call on Stack's
> 3 and had the courage to do it.   In Detroit, it would have counted.

In Kenny's defense (something I rarely do) he grabbed him around the
shoulders before the shot -- we had a foul to give -- but Atkins slipped
loose and took the shot. It was a generous continuation. Still, Kenny should
have just let him go so the clock would keep ticking since the Pistons were
out of timeouts. Antoine gave it to him pretty good. Not he first time that
Kenny's made a bad foul in the last seconds this year. I'm glad he wasn't
near Stackhouse at the end.

George