Today's game

1.  Detroit looked like a bunch of Michael Coopers out there today.  No
driving lanes, kicking out the ball instead of taking it to the hole, and
forcing the C's to take lousy shots.  If not for all those Detroit turnovers,
this game would have been fugly.

2.  I mentioned in my article the other day that Cliff Robinson would "pick up
some scoring slack".  Yikes.  If he continues to shoot like that, we're in
trouble.  I expect that kind of production out of Stackhouse.

3.  Walker completely sucked, he had one of those games which tells me he
isn't our go-to guy (and though he says Pierce is, I wonder if he really
thinks that).  Man, either he's in a zone with threes or its nothing.

If the Celtics are going to win Game 2, they need to do the following:

1.  They need to create better shots if Detroit is going to maintain this
level of defense.  Kenny Anderson needs to step up here and get the ball to
open shooters better.  Guys need to run better without the ball.  One point
the NBC commentators made was that "treys go down easier at home versus on the
road", and I believe that.  Pierce will never have such an insane game in
Detroit like he had Friday night.

2.  Someone needs to get up into Robinson's face and play better defense.  I
think he's shown that he ought not to be left alone.

3.  The Celtics need to relax and make their close range shots.  I think the
team was real tight.  They got a lot of offensive bounds, but many of them
were off missed easy shots that should have been made.

I look for a better Celtic team Wednesday night.  Detroit was up 20 and nearly
gagged away the game.  If the Celtics play more comfortably and do all that I
said, they have a great chance to steal Game 2.

This is not a great Piston team, and we can beat them.

Bob George
http://www.bossports.net