Re: Battle Tested

On Sat, 4 May 2002 09:15:49 -0700, RJ <arjay@rahul.net> wrote:
>I think the C's can take at least one in Detroit if they can get a
>good defensive match-up on Williamson.  This may be where Rodney
>Rogers proves his mettle at the defensive end.
>
>RJ

I watched the Philly series games 2 and 5. Even tho we won the series,
I strongly feel we should NOT resign Rogers. IMO, he is going downhill
(he's 30 now). I see him as a slow footed, perimeter oriented,
undersized (6-7) power forward, who will likely play more and more
AWAY from the basket - which is not what is needed *traditionally* in
a PF.

If Wallace resigns him, I think he would become like the Rhandy Brown
signing, roster and cap burden.

In my mind, Rogers (and Delk), is good only for this playoff run.

kevin

((to mail me, kindly remove *nojunkmailplease*. thanks))