Re: Celtics/Hornets

Dan Stadnick wrote:

> Is it just my selective memory (so long ago) or was Charlotte the last
> team we played & lost to in the playoffs?  If so, then it would be
> altogether fitting and proper for the Celtics to beat them in the
> conference finals.  BTW, Detroit already lost, they just need to play out
> the games now.

I may be wrong, but I believe our last playoff series was in, I think 95 or
96 against the Shaq led magic.  If I recall we won down in Orlando and could
have won in Boston, but Chris Ford insisted on playing that Radja guy who
could not defend the pick and roll.  I have said to this day that if X would
have been at the end of the game, he and Sherm would have shut that down, and
Penny down, and we would have won.  Doug Collins was doing color and he said
the same thing at the time.

As for the Hornets, we were the first team they beat in a playoff series.  It
was McHale's last game which is probably why you remember it.  It ended on a
no call on a goal tend by Kendall Gill.  As I recall, Kevin inbounded to Dee
above the rim.  After Dee released the ball (It only had a downward arc),
Kendall blocked it.  The only call that could have been made was goal tending
and the refs whimped out.  If I remember right, earlier in the game Mourning
had made some ridiculous jump shot that gave them the win.

Peace and let's erase all those bad memories by whipping Detroit.

Bentz