Halftime

1.  The only thing keeping the Sixers in this game is offensive rebounding and
continued shitty calls against the Celtics.  We need to get more bodies down
low on the defensive boards.

2.  Celtics have thus far answered the challenge and have played with poise
and smarts.  I don't know if O'Brien will still have any poise at the end of
the game if these lousy calls keep up.

3.  That foul by Coleman on Pierce...man, alive.  That's exactly how McHale
used to hack Worthy in the 80s, the very reason why they invented the flagrant
foul.  Unbelievable.

4.  This game will still come down to the fourth quarter, if not the final
five minutes unless the Celtics run up a 20+ lead (Heinsohn is right on that
count).  Pierce cannot run out of gas and Walker has to maintain poise and not
throw up ill advised shots as if the ball is 300 degrees fahrenheit.
Conversely, Iverson may just have another game like Wednesday, where he shoots
like shit but turns it on at the end.  Hate him you will, but the guy can bury
the J and do it when it absolutely has to be done.

5.  Did you see Lawyer Milloy doing his ML Carr routine?  And Bob Kraft is
also in attendance.  Any other Patriots there?  Give those guys credit for
wanting to spread the championship karma around.  They throw out the 1st pitch
at Fenway and now come to support the C's.  Love it.

6.  Nothing has changed in 20 years.  The officials are still Philly fans.  We
gotta win, gang.

Bob George
http://www.bossports.net