VP rumblings.

> Finally, since Obie only deals in positive reinforcement, maybe we should
> get
> together and put together a video clip of our latest streak with Vitally
> playing to "gently" remind him of how much better we play when we have some
>
> mass in the middle....

VP isn't a world beater. He can help with rebounding though.
He is great a boxing people out.

I think though this "must be able to shoot a three" small ball stuff is
hurting us.

I think a more intelligent subsition pattern is to play E. Williams less, and
VP
and Battie more. Battie should get E. Williams minutes at the PF, and VP
should get more minutes at the center.  Athletic guys like Battie do best
"roaming"
he doesn't have the size to block out a beast like Wallace, and he only gets
his
rebounds through sheer athleticism.

I think when we are getting killed through sheer lack of size and shot
blocking ability we should allow ourselves to go big.

Battie should get time at PF where he can handle those guys better size wise,
and put VP in at Center. Thats a good lineup when we sit Walker. When we sit
Pierce you can bring in E. Will to replace him.

I do think Obie is a bit addicted to small ball, and refuses to match up
against
a bigger line up. I would like us to play some of our size advantages.
Rodgers
can handle small forward, Pierce can play off guard,  Delk can play some
point
and Battie can play some PF where he belongs.

We can go big as well as small..because we have some guys with "small" player
skills...namely Walker Pierce and Rodgers.

Pete