Re: [Celtics' Stuff Poor coaching again by Obie loses game

In a message dated 3/23/02 11:25:55 PM Central Standard Time, CeltsSteve
writes:

<< How about we start with the fact that Battie and V combined for a lusty
1-5 from the field with a grand total of 4 boards between them?
 Or Antoine's 5 TO's?
 Or the team missing 8 FT's?
 Or the fact that the team defense allowed Snow and Claxton shot a combined
11-19 from the field?
 Or the fact that the perimeter D sucked and Raja Bell came off the bench and
canned two quick, basically uncontested 3's?
 Or the fact that they got clobbered on the boards 50-34 and outrebounded on
the O-boards 14-8. Six extra chance opportunities multiplied by Philly's FG%
also equaled the difference on the scoreboard. >>

I feel a big contributor to this is that Walker and Pierce are playing so
many minutes, they don't have the energy to play the defense or get the
boards. Plus, Obie decides to play an undersized 2 guard which also hurts our
rebounding. Minutes and roles are all part of Obie's job. Someone is
responsible for the loss and similar losses. I guess you want to blame the
players. I blame the coach for his choice of rotation. If Walker and Pierce
had played under 40 minutes each and Delk, Williams and Strickland weren't
shooting 3s all over the place, especially with 20 seconds left on the clock,
I would blame the players. But Obie has publicly said that he is going to
play Walker more again and he encourages all to take the 3 point shot so the
players seem to be doing what the coach wants. I disagree with this
strategy...

DJessen33