Re: [Celtics' Stuff Poor coaching again by Obie loses game

In a message dated 3/23/02 7:05:49 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@aol.com writes:

> People still give Obie credit for the turnaround this year. I think the team
>
> is winning in spite of him, not that he couldn't coach a high school team.
> The reason why this team has won is because the rule changes, Dick Harter's
>
> defense

DJ,

Not trying to be argumentative but what was Obie's record last year without
Harter and before the defensive rule changes? Didn't he take over a team with
a losing record at midseason, facing the toughest part of the schedule with
more road games remaining than home games, and without the team's starting
center?

I get so tired of hearing the constant criticism of O'Brien. The C's will
probably end up winning 45 - 48 games this season. To hear some folks tell
it, Phil Jackson or Pat Riley or Van Gundy or fill in the blank would coach
circles around O'Brien. That logic implies Jackson, Riley, JVG, etc., could
make this same roster a legitimate championship team based upon 'superior'
coaching. What a crock of sh**.

CeltsSteve