> Magic played C when Kareem was injured, well enough for them to win a
> championship despite his absence.  Not too shabby for a guy who plays
> mediocre D.
>
> Cecil

Indeed..
And your point is that he didn't play mediocre D?
I think he did. I think he would in fact admit that a player like Worthy was
better defender on his team alone, not to mention the entire NBA.

Obviously Magic was a great player. But his skills lay in shooting, passing,
rebounding and leadership. He wasnt really a great defender.

Bird didnt defend all that well...
Rather like Kidd and Magic he could play okay "team" defense but had
alot of trouble guarding smaller players one on one.

Jordan...
Was fantastic on offense and defense making him a class above lesser stars
such as Magic and Bird, IMHO. One nice thing about our current star Pierce is
that he can play defense very well.

Pete