Looking at the NBA through green colored glasses

In a message dated 3/13/2002 3:09:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
berrym@BATTELLE.ORG writes:

> As far as the "noose"... If you mean I'm setting myself up for
> disappointment, then you're right. I'm fully involving myself in a playoff
> push and a possible Eastern Conference championship. I have no delusions
> about winning a Finals matchup against the West, but this team has a chance
> in this crazy season to emerge from the jumbled East. If believing that and
> rooting for that and everything that involves means I'm setting myself up
> be disappointed, then you're right. I was devastated in 1985, 1987 and
> 1988,
> too. That's what contending means. It means you get close and sometimes you
> come up short. That's disappointing. But sometimes you don't come up short.
> And that's great.

This team should actually play even better down the stretch as Delk and
Rogers continue to blend with the mix and the rotation is refined. Before the
trade I didn't think we had any chance of winning a series against the Sixers
or Bucks but now I do. So let's say we do make it to the finals only to get
waxed by the mighty west champion. Disappointing? Devastating? Yes, but I
sure miss that kind of devastation. It's a lot better than the devastation of
a 15 win season.

Of course the Pats had no chance in hell against the Steelers and then the
Rams either.

George