Re: "Ain't no m(M)onkey business..."

on 3/12/02 9:25 PM, Cecil Wright at cecil@hfx.eastlink.ca wrote:

> You gotta let this stuff go Dan....JB still has a case of the
> doubting-Thomas syndrome....but he TOO will make remarkable turnaround
> soon.....but just remember that we are not gonna win every single game.
> There are some decent teams out there as well, and sometimes, we just don't
> deserve to beat them.
>
> But I think a team that has gone in and won in Philly and LA can at least
> pay well on any court in the league.  It's the consistency which JB is
> seeking.  Patience my man!!
>
> Cecil
>       **********
   Couldn't have said it better myself Cecil.
   Just pondering Walker's statements, as quoted below and wondering if this
was the final wake up. You know the "we have arrived" speech, would ring
pretty hollow if we slipped back into bad habits.
   I have very high standards for this team. I won't be happy with them just
making the playoffs. Watching the Philly game and the Milwaukee game last
week, I saw a team that could compete with any in our division and if they
play at that level, could easily defeat N.J. in our house tomorrow and
really make the last 18 games meaningful. I'm not saying that if we lose,
all is lost, only that I expect the team to continue to grow and give the
effort and focus on the teamwork that got us the wins. Walker still has to
convince me that he can play every game with his head up, looking to make
plays.
   My own two cents, is that Battie's return will strengthen the team a lot.
He gives us another weapon on both sides of the floor. I expect his minutes
will come from Williams and that we will see him, Walker and Rogers on the
floor together, before this season is over.

        JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01
confstands_lo.html