Re: big man/center hunt...

On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 09:52:32PM +0800, Jaims wrote:
> i know it's premature to talk about stuff like these but with the great mood
> of everybody now that we are winning again, i just want to know if there'll be
> a possibility of snagging a true center/big man that can score and rebound and
> block shots for us next year?

The possibility is virtually nonexistant in my opinion.  The Cs have $51-52
million committed for next year for 9 players.  I've read estimates of
$54-56 million for the luxury tax threshold.  With $2-5 million to spend,
they will have to find a way to sign Rogers, and at least two others,
assuming they want the roster at 12 or more.

What Wallace has done is positioned the Cs for the following season.  We'll
likely have two draft picks for 2003, and be in a better position salary-wise,
due to Kenny's contract ending.  So I don't think that Wallace will make any
deals in the near future that cause problems for his plans in 2003.

Francis