re: Sorry - I couldn't resist . . .

> From: "Thomas Murphy" <tfmiii@worldnet.att.net>
>
> OF COURSE the tone Dan's comments have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the
> quality of the basketball played by the Celts.

Don't blame Cecil.  Despite your sarcastic tone, Forant's comments never
used to have anything to do with how the Celts played -- how was anyone
supposed to know he had it in him?  Give everyone some time to get used to
the "New Dan."

> It's really just all about you 'pecking away' isn't it! (Couldn't have put
> it better myself.)

Heh.  You found everyone out, Tom.  It certainly couldn't be that someone
actually had a differing opinion.  No.  It's some sort of conspiracy to
keep those who just like to "peck away" at flaws in the team down.
Typical of The Man, really -- always trying to keep a brother down.  Why,
I bet he's in cahoots with Obie (that schmuck) and that roly-poly moron
Chris Wallace.

> And I thought this list was about the Celts, not your ability to effect
> personality make-overs - foolish me ;)

Guess we all have different views about what the list is for.  I,
personally, thought it was a place for media-wannabes to make their bones
(such as they are) and move on to ESPN's "Page 2".  Glad I was wrong about
that.  In a space set aside for (at times) Bill Simmons' movie reviews,
Way/Ray's snide media-influenced comments, Prof. Bob's Potapenko trade
tirades, people espousing how much smarter they are than mangement, and
everyone else's idiosyncratic contributions, I found nothing wrong with
the post you referred to, Tom.

Bird

P.S. I can't help thinking Detroit is a pretender.  I mean, look at the
roster.  On the other hand, if a team overachieves enough, it is still
"overachieving"?  I don't watch Pistons games, but if we contain
Stackhouse, what else do they really have to attack us with?  Looks like
this is one where the Celts either beat themselves or come out with the
win.  Somehow, I've got a feeling that they've turned the corner on the
last lowpoint (though obviously there could be more given how many games
are left) and are surging through another good patch -- let's hope so,
anyway.