Re: [Celtics' Stuff Biggest win of the season

> From: JB <JBMetzEA@yahoo.com>

> Overuse of commas, while once a (misguided?) stylisitic statement, are
> now, intended to (affectionately) infuriate Mr. Bird. The semi-colons
> (here,
> I'm on new ground and have no clue; even, as to proper usage.) are a
> tribute
> to the great "J'Mori.

Always nice to be remembered.  But really, JB, this "homage through
punctuation" thing is a little strange, don't you think?  We'll add it to
your manic-depressiveness (even a word?) about the Celtics, and your
infatuation with Khalid El-Amin.  Anyway, it doesn't infuriate me, so much
as make me pause at strange times while reading your posts ... I wonder
why?  A lot of people accuse me of over-using the comma, but I've never
seen it done with such panache as you.  (Nor with such volume.)

I confess I was interested in your views about Delk.  Knowing how you want
a "true point guard" for this team and all.  Delk really *does* seem
picture-perfect for a backup NBA point guard to me.  Obie -- he of the
sub-human intelligence (unless they win! -- it's a joke) -- seems bent on
him playing at the two, the last game notwithstanding.  I think it was
probably unique, what with Battie out and Waltuh playing Iverson and all.
But it worked well.  Even many of his detractors give Obie credit for
being able to learn from his mistakes, maybe we'll see that in upcoming
games.

I don't think I mind Strick at point as much as you do, but he shouldn't
play it more than 10-12 minutes a game, either.  He's a scorer, not a
passer so much.  I'd like to see Anderson at about 30 minutes a game, like
you say, with Delk backing him up and also getting minutes at shooting
guard for a total of 20-28 minutes a game for Delk -- if he's on
offensively.  If not, those numbers ought to decline.  Streaky shooters
ought to get streaky minutes.  However, if Delk can cement a role here as
backup point, maybe he'd be effective even when his shot isn't falling?

Now is the time to put it together: playing playoff contenders in the East,
  mostly at home, for a while means these games are pretty much must-win,
by and large.

(Btw, what's Omar Cook up to?  Haven't heard about him in a little while.
Guess the C's aren't looking to snap him up soon.  Sure would like to see
Forte play some point to get a feel for how he'd play it, but I imagine
games like this aren't the best showcase.  For that matter, I'd like to
see more of Brown, too.  I think Strick will provide much needed toughness
during the playoffs, but now is a good time to rest him up and see how
Brown will do defensively against the competition.)

Bird