Re: [Celtics' Stuff Sixers/Celts Box, AOL format

on 3/5/02 2:00 AM, lancejacob@aol.com at lancejacob@aol.com wrote:

Sorry, JB. . tried the Sportserver link and got no delimiters. Note that PP
and AW played 44 and 46 min.  Not exactly resting them.  Kenny and the
centers got the break, along with Strick, who supposedly is hurt.  We lost
on rebounds, won on foul shots, steals and blocks.  We really stopped
Harpring, Iverson and Mutombo.  Even with smothering him, he only got 6 free
throws, mostly on deliberate fouls--we denied him the ball.  Keep Walter
next year.  Super 11th man with versatile defense.  Won't cost more than the
veteran minimum.. . or shouldn't.
Lance
        ********
  No problem Lance. Your AOL linked box, posted perfectly. The board was
down this AM and yesterday's posts hadn't been received, is the only reason
I posted the box later.
  You have to hand it to O'Brien for devising the offense that made Mutombo
ineffective as a shot blocker/rebounder. He also had five fouls, early in
the fourth. We were able to bring Rogers outside and run pick and rolls,
which left Mutombo with no one to guard inside. Heinsohn was calling for
this strategy and when it was delivered, he wept with joy.
  Michael Marlowe commented on Delk's point guard skills. Yes, I agree. He
showed decent handles and a less panicked approach than Strickland. As Ravi
said, he also had the gumption to go away from the captains, who both shot
poorly and look inside down the stretch. We also saw him up fake on threes
and penetrate to 15 feet, where he either canned a jumper, or looked inside,
if the bigger defender left the man in the paint, to come out to cover him.
  Rogers most impressed me, with his rebounding. He is a presence inside,
while not a leaper, he takes up space and knows how to block out. He is
tough and knows it.
  Both of our additions played with poise, something Williams and Strickland
don't often do.
  To me, though, the brightest star was Walter. He showed he can play
inside. He put some moves on, under the basket and skied for rebounds, down
the stretch, when we needed big plays. Remember, last season,  when he
played effectively at center against Shaq? Part of the reason we can get
away with a Rogers, Walker front line, was McCarty playing so well in the
paint. I agree, pay him the veteran's minimum and keep him around. We will
need to fill our roster. Remember he was a first round pick, of the Knicks,
at one time, for his athleticism. Now, that he's learned the game and isn't
tripping over his own feet, he can be quite a weapon. Could there be hope
for Jerome Moiso, also? Oh yeah, Walter husltes every second he's on the
floor and always has.

        JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01