Re: Ike Austin anyone?

Paul M. wrote:

Why would you want Ike Austin, James? Are you looking for someoen who can
defend, rebound and maybe score a little inside? You've got your inside
defender, rebounder and scorer in Rodney Rogers? Right?

---end---

Come on Paul. No one ever said Rodney Rogers solved the center problem. He
gives you a backup power forward and (ATTENTION OBIE) a nice complement to
Antoine at small forward. He's a scorer and decent rebounder (two things Mr.
Indispensable, Eric Williams, is not). Ike Austin is a center. He sucks. The
question is, does he suck any less than our three centers, who combine to
form the Holy Trinity of suckage. I don't think he does, so I'd pass on Ike
Austin. But hopefully this is the reason the "braintrust" is keeping that
roster spot open and not rushing into the Omar Cook signing-because they're
hoping a waiver wire name will pop up that interests them. Probably waiting
for a 6-6 swingman.

Mark