dead meat

Well, that's what we call it down here.  It's a gut feeling.  I don't want to believe it and certainly don't want it to be true, but ever since the trade I think we have shown a terminal mediocrity.  I don't watch the schedule but I do know we play Charlotte followed by Philly.  Anyone think we can win either of those?  If not, we're staring .500 in the face.  And the throats begin to tighten up.

Some have blamed O'Brien, others the trade, but it's hard to escape the conclusion that our early success has just caught up with us.  It's crunch time and we can no longer expect Philly, the Magic, etc. to flounder.  That they have so far and may just blow it is our chief hope.

We have signed on to the two man theory by adding two more sixth men.  I would rather have continued to develop the youngsters; indeed, the greater mistake of the trade may be in benching Kedrick and not in jettisoning JJ.  We have a better bench, but there's no indication we will use it creatively or that our "two men" or our "offensive genius" on the bench will "get it."

Other than that, I'm off to a good day.  Remember, if you say "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" on the first day of the month, it is good luck.

Cheers,  Gene