Re: Blount

Well, I haven't been accused of that by anyone but Bill ;>)

>I agree Blount should be jettisoned and considering resigning him is
>ignorant.

>There are other big men available at a comparable price that
>provide much more added value.

I've been looking for an upgrade here as well.  I would definitely look at
other big guys, but I wouldn't cut Blount until someone else beat him out.
He's only been two years in the league.  He has some skills and he's 7',
250.

>He never showed anything that supported he was close to becoming productive
player.  Maybe he's just a jump shot away?

2000-2001 Stats for Celtics:
Played in 64 games, starting 50 ... Led the team in blocks with 76, the most
by any Celtics rookie since Kevin McHale (in 1980-81) ... Finished third
among all NBA rookies in blocks per game ... Led the team in rebounds three
times (Snip... Thanks to Celtics website!)

Blount has played two seasons, with two different head coaches and two
different defensive schemes.  Big guys sometimes take a few years.  Without
an obvious upgrade I would consider continuing developing him.  JMO.

<Jim