Re: [Celtics' Stuff Tidbit from ESPN Insider's Chad Ford

On Friday, June 21, 2002, at 04:45 PM, Lance Jacobson wrote:

The team STILL can't plan to move Kenny in the preseason unless it gets
a solid PG in return.  We always lost ground when one of the tweeners
was in at PG; I'd trade Kenny if we got someone solid and freed up the
money, but I still wouldn't give it to Rogers.  How does $9M get reduced
to 2-3?  Seems like we've already spent his salary as it is.
Lance
		***********
	There is much speculation on the trading of Kenny Anderson. I agree
with Lance 110%. We must have a true distributing point guard, to make
the trade work, not that it should be very hard to get either McGinnis
or Vaughn, both of whom would serve the purpose.
	Again though, in order to trade Kenny and we are really trading a
salary spot, to open in a year, we have to get the center. Also please
note, that even trading with the Clippers, or any team under the cap, we
have to take back salaries within 150,000 of what we are trading, as we
are not under the cap.
	Looking at the most feasible offer for Olowakandi: Kenny Anderson
8,350,000. Tony Battie 3,600,000 = 9,950,000. The Clippers would need to
sign Olowakandi  and McGinnis, for say 7,300,000 and 2,500,000 =
9,800,000 and do the sign and trade. We wouldn't reduce our cap by much,
but we'd surely have an upgrade at center.
	No doubt, both of these players would want at least three year
deals though, so we'd be pretty much out of the free agent market and be
flirting with luxury tax woes, for several years, but with Cook, Brown
and Forte and the two 1st round picks next year, we should be able to
build a contending roster.
	The Clippers get some value for two players who probably will just
walk away, a center signed for three more years at reasonable money and
a contract to expire in time to pay Elton Brand.

		JB

			Unchain My Heart!