Hello all,

> >I found this posted elsewhere. It's a summary of the athletic tests
> >administered at the Chicago pre-draft camp. Doesn't mean much in and of
> >itself, but in conjunction with other information, it could be
> interesting.
> >Wallace and Papile longing for "athletes" makes you think that guys like
> >Bremer, Slay and Barnes might be high on their lists in the second round.
> >Here you go.-Mark

They aren't the only ones longing for athletes..
The NBA is built around the super athlete now..

The last two superstarts to dominate the NBA were Kobe Bryant and Michael
Jordan..Both are sick athletes. You need these kind of guys to win. K. Brown
seems to fit in that mold..so whether or not he pans out its a good pick. You
have to acquire these guys to win.  A bunch of mediocre athletes guarantees
you a mediocre team.
Plus the super athletic guys are more fun to watch..

I would trade Walker for Jay Williams (if that was an option). We would get
younger and more athletic in one fell swoop. Walker isn't a real power
forward anyway...

Personally I don't think just Walker and Pierce can get it done..
If we assume that you need two studs to win...we only have one. I think the
Celts
should be looking for more talent..not the "missing" piece.

The rule with NBA athletes is that size compensates for athleticism to SOME
extent. Shaq isn't a good athlete in the pure sense but for someone who
weighs
350 pounds he is pretty good. A smaller player of course needs to be more
athletic.
AI is ten times the athlete Shaq is. He is more agile, changes direction
quicker, is faster and so on... But he needs to be..as he is much shorter and
thinner.

Pete