Just another guy named Joe?

	I went on a search this AM, both to the "Charlotte  Observer" (the
closest big city to Bouie, NC, where Campbell College is located. I
couldn't find a paper from Bouie.)and the "Philladephia Enquirer" (Joe's
hometown), with very little on the way of a story on Joe Gallagher.

"Observer"
{BOSTON: The Celtics hired Joe Gallagher as an assistant coach. Celtics
coach Jim O'Brien said Gallagher was brought in to help develop the
team's post play. Gallagher recently completed his third year as an
assistant coach at Campbell.}

"Enquirer"
"The Boston Celtics hired Joe Gallagher as an assistant coach to Jim
O'Brien. Both are Philadelphia natives.
O'Brien said Gallagher will help develop the team's post play. Gallagher
recently completed his third year as an assistant coach at Campbell
University in North Carolina. O'Brien had been his assistant at Pembroke
State in the 1970s."

	I went back to the archives and hoped to find something which would
open up his life/talents/legend a bit more than the terse AP story. In
fact, the most important thing Mr. Gallagher ever did, it seems, is
hire  Jimmy O'Brien as his assistant, in the seventies, at Pembroke.
	Why aren't there any anecdotes from former players? Why is he going
to coach "post" moves? Was there ever a great post player on one of his
teams? Wasn't there someone who could be interviewed?
	I'm beginning to feel that this is just another one of those, take
care of my buddy,  C.M. Newton hirings. You remember C.M.. Pitino's
former A.D. at Kentucky, who came in two years ago to lead the Celtics
out of their losing rut. He could still be with the team for all I know.
	Let's hope that this evidence is just circumstantial and that this
guy named Joe, earns his pay check.
		JB

			Unchain My Heart!